You're listening to part 2 of the incredible conversation with Ben Johns, the number one pickleball player in the world and the greatest player of all time.
On the business side, Ben is a co-founder of Pickleball Getaways, a vacation travel company, and the co-founder of Pickleball 360, an online instructional video subscription service.
If you haven't yet listened to part one, be sure to check that one out first.
00:58 Winning his first US Open
- Ben wasn’t expecting to win
- Incredible feeling, felt like a dream
- Professional high and low in Ben’s career
04:01 Being the lead in the beginning and today
- Pickleball is a new sport and requires a lot of learning
- More competition leads to being a better player
- Winning 108 matches in a row
08:04 Is tennis background an advantage?
- Tennis definitely lends a ton of advantages
- Doesn’t automatically guarantee success
10:00 How long can Ben be so good?
- No concrete plan as to how long he will be in pickleball
- The ideal age to play
12:47 Making money in pickleball
- The potential of making at least seven figures
- Sponsors have a huge role
17:39 Ben’s mixed doubles partner Anna Leigh Waters
- 10 years younger
- Very tough and extremely talented
20:22 Ben’s diet and training routine
- 2-3 hours every day on court
- 5 days a week working out in the gym
- Standard healthy diet
21:49 A flow state in sports
- A state where your body knows what to do without you thinking about it
- It’s the perfect feeling that all athletes pursue
22:59 The importance of extreme preparation
- Preparation is crucial
- The more prepared I am, the luckier I seem to be
24:39 The importance of humbleness
- You don’t need to talk yourself out
- People will admire you for your accomplishments
- How do people approach him?
27:02 All-inclusive pickleball vacations
- Pickleball instructions from a pro player
- The cost of training with a pro
- How to contact Ben?
30:40 Elon Musk and Ben’s role models
- His greatest role models are his parents and brother
- Admires Elon Musk very much
33:06 The importance of giving back to the community
- Being a good example
- Contributing to the events with good cause
34:18 Fill in the blanks to excellence
- Biggest lesson I learned
- You are most fulfilled by working hard
- My number 1 professional goal
- To be number one as long as I can
- My number 1 personal goal
- Learn new things frequently
- And more
Sandee | Bliss: Beaches
Want to Connect? Reach out to us online!
Website | Instagram | LinkedIn