Randall Kaplan is joined by serial entrepreneur and media personality Kevin O’Leary. Known to many as Mr. Wonderful on SharkTank, Kevin talks about how his unique life experiences made him the successful entrepreneur and investor he is today.
In this episode, Kevin and Randall talk about Kevin’s upbringing and what Kevin learned from his mother about financial independence and investing. Kevin shares stories about the moment he knew he needed to work for himself, the greatest lesson he learned in business school, and his first entrepreneurial success. Kevin also talks about why culture matters in business, entrepreneurship and investment strategy, and much more.
- Growing up with an alcoholic father.
- How Kevin’s childhood experience informed how he thinks about investing.
- When he decided to become an entrepreneur.
- His first success as an entrepreneur.
- Overcoming dyslexia and education.
- Investment strategy and entrepreneurship.
- The war of business.
- What he learned as an intern at Nabisco.
- Women in finance and investment.
- Cryptocurrency, decentralized finance, and NFTs.
- The value of failing as an entrepreneur.
- And other topics...
Kevin O’Leary is a serial entrepreneur, best-selling author, and investor. Kevin was a co-founder of Softkey Software Products (later The Learning Company) which Mattel bought for $4.2 billion1999. Today he leads the O’Leary Financial Group, including O’Leary Funds, O’Shares EFTs, O’Leary Publishing, and O’Leary Ventures. He is also the founder and Chief Sommelier of O’Leary Fine Wines. Kevin is fondly known as “Mr. Wonderful” on ABC’s Shark Tank, is the host of the CNBC show Money Court, and is also a host and personality on Discovery’s Project Earth and CBC’s Dragons’ Den. Kevin’s is also the author of three best-selling books about financial literacy.